Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Process Work: Phase 2...Vintage...

What is Vintage?

When I think of vintage the words that come to mind are:
Archetypal
Old-Fashioned
Traditional
Antiquated

When I think of fabric of dresses I think of:
Draping
Ribboning
Weaving
Banding...Banding continues to stick in my head.

From this point on I came to the conclusion that I want to create a different way to display the vintage dresses. Because I believe that these dresses are too beautiful and delicate to be merely hung up against the wall. Debbie showed me images from a book she had that started me on my way to creating dresses that are hung away from the wall.

Dress Code: interior design for fashion shops/[compiled by Tessa Blokland]. Amsterdam:Frame Publishers; Basel: Birkhauser-Publishers for Architecture, c2006.



No comments: